Arthur T. Rodbell (Chairman & CEO)
- One of two founders of IXI Corporation (1993): leading supplier of consumer-insight data to the retail financial industry.
- IXI’s products were derived from a proprietary database formed by aggregating Assets-Under-Management data supplied bi-annually by a network of the nation’s largest retail financial institutions ($10.7 Trillion at the time of acquisition).
- IXI was acquired by Equifax (2009).
Rick Lawrence, Ph.D. (President)
- Served as Distinguished Research Staff Member, and Senior Manager, Machine Learning & Decision Analytics, within the Cognitive Computing organization at IBM Research at Yorktown Heights NY, working closely with the IBM Watson Group in developing new techniques to accelerate learning capabilities for non-factoid question-answer problems.
- Received the 2014 INFORMS Innovative Applications in Analytics Award as well as the Best Paper Award in the Industry & Government Track at the 2013 ACM KDD Conference for joint work with UNICEF on classifying SMS text messages in Uganda.
- Led the IBM sales productivity project selected as a Finalist in 2009 for the prestigious INFORMS Franz Edelman competition that recognizes the application of advanced analytics to solve challenging business problems. He was a member of the team that won the 2008 ACM KDD Cup.
- Published over 100 technical papers spanning computational neutron transport methods, high-performance computing, data mining, and machine learning. Before joining IBM in 1987, he led the Neutronics Methods group in the Applied Physics Division of Argonne National Laboratory.
- Received his B.S. degree at Stanford University in Chemical Engineering and his Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering at the University of Illinois. He is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa, Tau Beta Pi, and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Societies.
Yeshaya Adler, Ph.D. (Director, Machine Learning)
- Holds a M.A. and Ph.D. (August 2017) in Statistics from Rice University and a B.A. in Economics from the University of Texas at Austin.
- At Rice, his research focused on robust methods for discriminant analysis and modal clustering.
- Research and Teaching Experience:
- Research Assistant for ‘Cyber-Spectrum Research and Technology Development Virtual Environment, with Applications’, Clarkson Aerospace Corporation, 2016-2017.
- Instructor for Data Mining with Applications, a seminar to train Naval and Air Force ROTC Students in Data Science, 2016-2017.
- Taught short courses:
- Instructor for two semesters and TA for one semester (for Hadley Wickham) for Stat 405, a graduate-level data science and statistical computing course.
- TA for Rice University Big Data Summer Institute, Summer 2012.
- NSF VIGRE teaching fellowship
> An Introduction to Data Science with R, Kinder Institute for Urban Research, Summer 2016.
> An Introduction to Quantitative Financial Analytics using R, 5th Eubank Conference on Real World Markets, 2015.
John A. Vernon (Director, Software Architecture)
- Twenty years of executive experience in technical leadership of systems integration and software development projects for global Fortune 500 and government enterprises.
- Founder and President of Approach Inc., a IT consultancy of systems integration and software development services focused applying emerging information technology to improve business operations of Fortune 500 clients. When acquired by IDT Media, Approach had 120 employees.
- Designed and developed Nemo, in partnership with Microsoft, an immersive life size video and data conferencing and collaboration software platform for global enterprises.
- Designed and developed Genie, also in partnership with Microsoft, a corporate communication and e-learning distributed multimedia software platform base upon SharePoint Server
- Authored numerous White Papers for Microsoft Windows Media Technologies
- Named Microsoft Solutions Provider of the Year and received numerous customer awards and recognition.
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Texas
Yuriy Nevmyvaka, Ph.D. (Senior Advisor, Technology)
- Most recently, supervised the design, operation, and portfolio management of MANA Partners’ algorithmic trading strategies.
- Previously a Portfolio Manager at Engineers Gate and at Point72, where he built and ran a high-Sharpe suite of systematic strategies in global markets managing well over a billion dollars of gross market value.
- Prior to Point72 Co-Head of Systematic Trading at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Has authored and co-authored many conference and journal papers and several book chapters, and remains involved in academic research.
- Received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon.
Maria Adamjee (Senior Advisor, Marketing)
- Founder & President, Megalodon LLC (Present)
- Business Development Executive PitchBook Data (2017 -2018)
- Business Development Manager, Derivatives, Fidessa (2015-2017)
- Product Manager, Derivatives, Fidessa (2011-2015)
- Business Development, TriAct Canada Marketplace LP (2010-2011)