Arthur T. Rodbell (Co-founder; Chairman & CEO)
- One of two founders of IXI Corporation (1993): leading supplier of consumer-insight data to the retail financial industry.
- IXI’s products were derived from a proprietary database formed by aggregating Assets-Under-Management data supplied bi-annually by a network of the nation’s largest retail financial institutions ($10.7 Trillion at the time of acquisition).
- IXI was acquired by Equifax (2009).
Rick Lawrence, Ph.D. (President)
- Served as Distinguished Research Staff Member, and Senior Manager, Machine Learning & Decision Analytics, within the Cognitive Computing organization at IBM Research at Yorktown Heights NY, working closely with the IBM Watson Group in developing new techniques to accelerate learning capabilities for non-factoid question-answer problems.
- Received the 2014 INFORMS Innovative Applications in Analytics Award as well as the Best Paper Award in the Industry & Government Track at the 2013 ACM KDD Conference for joint work with UNICEF on classifying SMS text messages in Uganda.
- Led the IBM sales productivity project selected as a Finalist in 2009 for the prestigious INFORMS Franz Edelman competition that recognizes the application of advanced analytics to solve challenging business problems. He was a member of the team that won the 2008 ACM KDD Cup.
- Published over 100 technical papers spanning computational neutron transport methods, high-performance computing, data mining, and machine learning. Before joining IBM in 1987, he led the Neutronics Methods group in the Applied Physics Division of Argonne National Laboratory.
- Received his B.S. degree at Stanford University in Chemical Engineering and his Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering at the University of Illinois. He is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa, Tau Beta Pi, and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Societies.
Christina I. Ray (Co-founder & Director of Portfolio Analytics)
- Expert in computational finance and risk management, and originator of machine-learned predictive models using structured and unstructured market data.
- Sell-side and buy-side experience; former hedge fund manager and derivatives trader/trading manager (including Drexel Burnham and Daiwa Securities America).
- Advisor to regulatory and other government agencies (including CFTC/SEC).
- Published Books:
- “Extreme Risk Management: Revolutionary Approaches to Measuring and Managing Risk” (July, 2010)
- “Think Like a Trader, Invest Like a Pro” (April, 2001)
- “The Bond Market: Trading and Risk Management” (October, 1992)
- Adjunct Professor in the Walsh School of Foreign Service and its Science, Technology, and International Security (STIA) program. Currently teaching a class entitled,” Information Technology and International Security”.
- M.S. in Physics from Michigan State University; additional PhD-level coursework at the University of Michigan.
Flaviano Morone, Ph.D. (Director of Machine Learning)
- Holds a Ph.D. degree in Physics from the University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’ in 2014.
- Senior Scientist at City University of New York since 2014, and Director of Machine Learning at PCIX since December 2015.
- Has a broad scope of experience in graph theory, machine learning, combinatorial optimization and statistical mechanics of disordered systems. He combines an eclectic blending of skills as a theorist, modeler and big-data analyst of complex systems and network science.
- Co-founder of kcore-analytics.com, a large scale search-engine of Twitter influencers.
- His seminal work, done with Hernan Makse, Ph.D. was published in Nature 2015 and sets the theoretical basis for the Collective Influence Algorithm at the core of the search engine of Twitter influencers at Kcore Lab.
- Collaborates with many international scientists, having visited over 30 countries.
Yeshaya Adler, Ph.D. (Director of Statistical Modeling)
- Ph.D., Statistics, Rice University
- B.A. Economics, Math/Eco Track, Business Foundations – University of Austin
- Instructor and Teaching Assistant for Stat405, graduate-level data analysis and statistical computation course. Earlier teaching positions included Head TA for Stat405, TA for Rice University Big Data Summer Initiative, Head TA and lab Tech for Stat280 (an intro to applied statistics); TA for Stat310 (a course in mathematical statistics for upper-division undergraduates).
- NSF VIGRE teaching fellowship and other academic honors
John A. Vernon (Director of Software Architecture)
- Twenty years of executive experience in technical leadership of systems integration and software development projects for global Fortune 500 and government enterprises.
- Founder and President of Approach Inc., a IT consultancy of systems integration and software development services focused applying emerging information technology to improve business operations of Fortune 500 clients. When acquired by IDT Media, Approach had 120 employees.
- Designed and developed Nemo, in partnership with Microsoft, an immersive life size video and data conferencing and collaboration software platform for global enterprises.
- Designed and developed Genie, also in partnership with Microsoft, a corporate communication and e-learning distributed multimedia software platform base upon SharePoint Server
- Authored numerous White Papers for Microsoft Windows Media Technologies
- Named Microsoft Solutions Provider of the Year and received numerous customer awards and recognition.
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Texas